mercredi 20 février 2008

hey louis, one more for my baby ...


one for my baby (and one more for the road)
sammy davis imite fred astaire, le créateur de la chanson (celui pour qui harold arlen et johnny mercer l'avaient écrite) ... et aussi nat king cole, billy eckstine, vaughn monroe, tony bennett, mel tormé, frankie laine, louis armstrong, dean martin ... et jerry lewis.

dean martin

billie holiday

jane russell

ida lupino

iggy pop

frank sinatra

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Where is Frank Sinatra's Strangers in the Night? It is one of my all time favorites. I adore this song and have actually wooed my way to my girl’s heart when I danced with her to it on our first date.

skorecki a dit…

i'm sorry we disagree, i actually HATE strangers in the night ...
the reason it took me 20 years ... or more to realise sinatra was so important, was these 2 or 3 songs (strangers ..., my way) that i cannot listen to, even today.
FRENCH VERSION: je déteste my way et strangers in the night, c'est pourquoi j'ai dû attendre plus de 20 ans pour aimer sinatra ...

pierrino 27 a dit…

You found the Ida Lupino's version we talked about! I love her broken voice and I loved that movie that I'd like to see again.
All the versions are nice and Sammy Davis is really funny.
I guess it took me time to like Sinatra exactly for the same reasons as you(you can add "New-York,New-York" that I only bear by Liza in the movie!).

Philippe L a dit…

Merci pour l’iguane, merci pour Ida, quant aux deux scies…


" invraisemblable ou pas, crois-moi, c'est la vérité -et il n'y en a pas deux ..."